Image Map

Thursday, November 22, 2012

So Thankful

Hi All!  For those in the US I hope that you've had a wonderful Thanksgiving :)  I had a fabulous day filled with family, excellent food and lots of loud laughter- there really is nothing better!  I'd like to share a project that has kind of become a tradition between me and one of my dad's.  You see, he used to decorate for every holiday and Thanksgiving was no exception, but my sister and I always gave him a hard time because the decorations weren't the 'cute' kind but more along the lines of 'realistic' and I think we can all agree- real turkeys are not the prettiest animals :)  So I started making him cards that he could put out as decoration that could counter balance those decorations that we made fun of.  It's a fun little tradition and I have such a blast making pretty little things for him to display.  This year I made a sign featuring one of the new Saturated Canary images called Princess Harvest and I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out!  And he must have felt the same because the instant he got it he hung it on the door for all to see :)  The fun traditions that my family and I have for the holidays just remind me again and again of all the things I'm so thankful for- a close and loving family, having the security of a roof over my head and food in my cupboards and getting to share the things I love with those around me.  Thanks for stopping by to visit- I'm also so thankful for this wonderful blogging community that I feel blessed to be a part of!
 Copics-
Skin: E00, E11, E13, E15, R30, R22, BV34
Hair: N1, N3, N5, N7, N9, 100
Clothes: E81, E84, E87, RV95, RV99
Basket: E30, E33, E35, E39, E49, R02, R29, R89, G24, G29

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
MarkerPOP- Skin Tones
The Stamping Boutique- Giving Thanks
Tuesday Alchemy- Anything But a Card
Love to Create Challenge- Give Thanks
Cute Card Thursday- Girls Only

Supplies: Chipboard Pennant- Paper Accents; DP- MME Fiddlesticks; Bling- Recollections; Flowers- Prima; Sentiment Sticker- Jillibean Soup; Twine- The Twinery; Ink- Frayed Burlap Distress Ink

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the colouring of this Katie, it's a long time since I made a hanging thing and you've made this one beautifully.
Cheers,
Elaine

Emma said...

Hi Katie,

It's so great to have these little traditions! I can see why your Dad decided to put your card on the front door as it looks Stunning! It would be the perfect greeting as everyone walks through the door! So glad to hear you had a lovely thanks giving!

NancyD said...

Great tag and wonderful coloring! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenges. NancyD

Christina C. said...

This is gorgeous, Katie.....expert coloring of this beautiful SC image!

Laura Love said...

This is gorgeous! Your coloring is stunning! I am so glad to have found your blog!

Kraftylittlebox said...

Wow this is fab :) your image is coloured beautifully and I love the design,
Thanks for sharing at love to create,
Hugs Klair xx
Good luck

Debbie said...

absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us at TSB. Good luck!

DebbieM
TSB DT

Kjersti said...

Wow! This is great, and your coloring...stunning!
Sorry for not leaving comments for so long, but now I'll catch up with you:)
Have a nice week!
Hugs Kjersti:)

Candy said...

oh WOW!! So very cool!! Like the purple outline color too. I hate coming here. I get so jealous. LMBO!! Good on ya lasagna!!! hugs!