Image Map

Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Football Graduation

Hi All!  So I know we all as card makers know the benefits of someone ordering a custom card- they get to tell you all about the person it's for and get in return a one-of-a-kind, just for them kind of card.  Which is great when the person they tell you about fits nicely into your wheelhouse of what you do well.  But what about when they ask for something out of your comfort zone?  You have a few moments (or in my case MANY moments) of head scratching and wondering how to pull it off.  Such is the case of a graduation card that is for a guy who 'likes cars, plays football- his number is 26 and their school mascot is an antelope (say what?!?) and has blond hair and a goatee- you know, just in case you do one of those cool stamps you color and want to get one that looks like him'...so my translation is I'll need to find a stamp that somehow works into one or more of those categories and then figure out how to get it all on a card so it looks good- oh, and yeah, it's for a boy which means I can use none of my favorite things like flowers and lace and bling.  I mean, what's a girl to do?  Well, this girl thought football- yeah I can work with that, and bonus is if there's a helmet I won't have to worry about hair color or goatee :)  Thank goodness for Kenny K images because I found just what I was looking for with the 'Football' digi stamp.  Then I glanced through all my embellishments and stash for 'non-girly' stuff that I could also add.  As luck would have it I actually did think of a pretty cool way to pull in the #26- I was looking over some of the challenges and saw that Paper Sundaes is doing 'Pop It Up' and after looking at the DT inspiration had a moment of my own inspiration for 'popping' the number off the design paper.  All in all, considering how out of left field, or in football terms 'far from the 50 yard line', this card felt to me, I think I managed a pretty cool guy card that still has those personal touches.  But sometimes, I'm just not sure I charge enough for all this mental turmoil :)

Copic List:
Skin: E000, E00, E11
Football: E57, E59
Clothes: G21, G24, G28, N1, N3, N5, N7, N9

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Charisma Cardz- Card for a Male
Crafting for All Seasons- Anything Goes
Do It With Digi's- It's All About the Boys
Paper Sundaes- Pop It Up

Supplies: Cardstock- Bazzill; DP- We R Memory Keepers 'MVP' 6x6 pad; Twine- Shabby Green Door 'Farmers Market'; Metal Embellishment- Tim Holtz Muse Charm; Brads- my stash

7 comments:

Lynne said...

I so love all these Kenny K images I keep seeing - must get myself some hehe - your card is fab... love the image, bakers twine (so cool!!) and I love the way you have highlighted the numbers :)
thanks for sharing it with the Divas at Do it with Digis :)
Hugs
Lynne xx
PS Congrats on your win last time :)

Amanda R said...

Well I think you did a great job with all of those "requests"! Neat how you made the 26 jump off the page for him. Thanks for joining in this week at Paper Sundaes!

Lindsey Wood said...

Nice! You totally pulled it off, a very masculine card!

Dawn said...

What a great masculine card! Love the way you used the university numbers paper! Great job! Thank you for joining in on our first challenge at CFAS!

Fiona said...

what a fab masculine card...great!!

Thanks for joining us at paper Sundaes this week.

Fi
x

Gem said...

a lovely male card, thanks for joining in our challenge at Charisma! Gemma :)

Eulanda said...

Oh I am sooooo "casing" the coloring on this image for a father's day card!! THANKS!!