Image Map

Monday, January 3, 2011

My Sister's B Day!

Hi All!  I feel like I've been slacking in the blogging department...but with the holiday's I'm sure I'm not the only one :)  My sister was home for almost two whole weeks and I'm sad to see her leave tomorrow.  But I'm glad that we were able to celebrate her birthday while she was home.  She's usually pretty easy to get gifts for; I know a gift card will go a long way- she's an Americorp volunteer so she can always use something that allows her to play since she doesn't make much money.  Plus, there was the bonus that I got to pull out some new product I purchased from Denami Design, a gift and favor template, to make the gift card holder.  I purchased a digital stamp from Kenny K a while ago named Kitty Katastrophe and colored her with my Copics and I loved her so much I just hadn't found the perfect thing to place her on...so when I was looking through my stash of colored images I just knew she'd be perfect!  A girl can always use a little sass on her birthday :)  Since the gift card holder was pretty small there wasn't much need to do anything else once I had the image adhered with pop dots but it was missing just a little something to balance it out so I sifted through my ribbon stash and found a simple little scrap of ribbon that added that final touch.
I'm happy to say that my sister loved the holder as much as the gift cards themselves which is exactly why I love making cards...I always say that when a card is handmade it ceases to be 'just the card' and magically becomes a part of the gift...and who doesn't love that?

No comments: